Have you ever had a day where it seems like very little is going right and the world is conspiring against you? That was my day today.
First, it took me an hour to get to Sacramento this morning, when it should have taken 30 minutes. So then I was late for my appointment with my supervising attorney. And no one would answer the phone from the front desk to let me in. Finally one of the security guards agreed to take me up and let me get my badge (he recognized my face), and then I was able to meet, briefly, with my boss, and then rush back to class. For which I had failed to bring my books in my rush to get out the door this morning.
Then at lunch, I sounded like a moron in my JILP committee pitch. And I ate too much pizza. But I was hungry and stressed.
And when I went to IT on my break to see if they could get figure out where my files went, they weren't there. I went twice. Nothing.
This afternoon, I went to the bookstore to get my books for Civ Pro and the Tax supplement. No tax supplement. And despite being told by the dean that I no longer needed a purchase order to buy books for my Civ Pro class, I, in fact, needed a purchase order. Which I did not have. So I went back to school and got one. And then I went back to the bookstore, this time with the precious Finley Warner (there's 3 photos there, folks, don't miss 'em!) in tow, to get those books.
I came home, and discovered my desk had arrived. And yay, the office was still open at 5:10 for me to retrieve it. I get it upstairs, I sit down. I get through steps 1-4 no problem. Step 5? No dice. It's not going together like it should. There are only 7 steps. How hard can it be?
I ate dinner, read for tax, and tried again. Still nothing. I finally put the drawer together, stood the desk up, and shoved it against the wall. Its definitely not a good setup, but until someone smarter than me can figure out WTF IS THE PROBLEM it's going to have to stay this way. So if you are somebody who can fix this, please come to my apartment. Like soon.
And, of course, tomorrow I have effing school from 8:30 to 8:30. WHY GOD WHY? Sure I get a break from 12-2 (going to the gym), and from 5-6:30, grabbing some dinner at the Farmer's Market, but that doesn't change the ridiculous schedule of tomorrow.
Oh. And I was trying to organize a panel discussion on the Roberts nomination for next week, and it hasn't been going anywhere. But today a fellow group leader said they were still interested, and so did another group leader. A-ha! I reserved a room, I started emailing these group leaders, but tonight? One has backed out, and I fear that ultimately nothing will happen. I am the worst student group leader on the planet.
I hate my life right now. I'm so effing lonely and miserable. I don't even know what I want anymore. I think I'd better run my books back to school and come home and go to bed. Otherwise I'm going to be a crazy person tomorrow. Yes it's 9 pm. No I don't care. If you were me right now, you'd understand.
At least my ipod comes tomorrow. And the new CD drive for my computer. Maybe IT will be around to look at my computer and figure out where my files went. Maybe someone will offer to come fix my effing desk. Which I love how cute it is, and how big it is, I just want it to be together properly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment