Sunday, August 21, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Tatty and I made it home in one piece yesterday. Wasn't too horrifying of a trip. Well, Tatty had a little accident in her carrier, but it was small and so cleaned up quickly. Other than that, she was great on the flights. I feel so bad about hauling the poor thing back and forth across the country, but I have nowhere to leave her most of the time, and pet sitting costs a fortune. Plus then I have to weight the cost and hassle of travelling with her, but then she is around me and the family and other animals for whatever length of time, versus her being alone in my apartment with only the daily pet sitting visit. Well, hopefully it won't be an issue for much longer and the parents will live closer to us soon.

Classes start tomorrow. Not good. I am not ready. I spent the day getting my apartment and my life in order, but I still need to do laundry (tomorrow night), put air in my bike tires (guess I'll drive tomorrow since I need to haul my clerkship stuff), buy my books, buy a parking permit, vaccum the apartment, finish bleaching the balcony (covered in moss from the rainy season and the piles of dead leaves left all summer on it didn't help matters) and about a million other things. However, I have food, and a substantial amount of clean laundry, and I have new patio chair cushions (waterproofed and scotchguarded). So all in all, its not too bad around here. It's just so great to be home, sleeping in my own bed with my kitty at last.

No comments: