Saturday, August 27, 2005

Saturday, the day of getting crap done

It feels like I have been in school for months. It truly feels like I never left. That is depressing.

Spent the day trying to put my life back in order. My printer's power supply seems to have gone missing. I checked with the tenants of the LA apartment, but they were unable to locate it (I am also missing my beloved Eagle Creek messenger bag and my khaki Banana Republic skirt, although the skirt is very likely hanging in my closet in a garment bag). An internet search revealed that if you can find a replacement power cord, it can be at least $50. Isn't that ridiculous? $50 buys you a new printer. I even saw one cord for $90! $90! So I went to OfficeMax and inquired about a replacement cord, and they a) didn't have one and b) said it likely wasn't worth it since the printer had been free. Grrrr. I don't do a ton of printing at home, but I do print my resumes, etc at home when I am applying for jobs because its almost impossible to get stuff printed without someone's class notes ending up on your expensive resume paper. I tried it last week, at 8:30 AM, and not only did someone get a page of notes on my paper, the printer left horrible black streaks all over the cover letters I printed. So, long story short, I ended up buying a new printer. Got a good deal though. I bought a new multifunction printer/scanner/copier for $60 after rebate. A basic inkjet was $50, so $10 more gets me copy/scan features (the copy feature has already come in handy). The good news is that its very low profile, only like 5 inches tall, so it actually fits on the shelf of my printer/file table, rather than on top. I have to pull it out to scan or copy but for the amount of that I do, that's no big deal.

And in the continuing search for a desk, I'm also considering this one, the Dolce desk. I like that this one, and the Metropolitan, have the keyboard tray hidden behind a drawer facade thing, so it doesn't scream computer desk. Which none of the three do. I would like something big enough to put some books on, like textbooks, with some bookends, and a lamp. Maybe also an incoming bill thingy. With the top of the printer table cleared, there's room on it for a reading lamp for the couch, and some of the framed photos which are hidden behind other framed photos on top of my bookcases.

For the rest of my day's activities I cleaned and shredded and compiled large quantities of trash. I also rode my bike down to the Farmer's Market and back, where I got a nice pile of fresh produce for the week ahead. Oh and I printed resumes, cover letters, etc for my state court clerkship applications. I have now used all but about 10 sheets of the box of resume paper I purchased (was 500 sheets to begin with). CRAZY!

Tomorrow: church, homework. Gym. Been bad about running the last few days. My shins are hurting again. But I think tomorrow could be an ok day for running. haven't done much since Wednesday.

No comments: