I think my cat has missed me recently. She decided to hop up onto my lap this evening while I am sitting at my desk doing homework. She never does this. She's been here for like 20 minutes at this point. Given that I am typing and shifting around, she usually would jump down but not tonight. I guess we haven't been spending enough time together. Which is odd because despite being gone last weekend, I felt like we spent the usual amount of time this week laying on the couch watching tv. Maybe not. I did get home really late on Tuesday night and Anne had to come feed her. Strange!
Cats are great animals. They really are. It's not because they can be self-sufficient (mine isn't really), and it's not because they are low maintenance (mine isn't), but because they are so sweet. They curl up in laps. Dogs (proper dogs) are too big to sit in your lap. And dogs don't purr. I love my cat.
I think I'm probably not getting the puppy. Another family was planning to look at her this weekend and I'd be really surprised if they don't snap her up. If they don't, I think I will get her, but I bet they do. And then I'll wait for the next round.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's funny, people always immediately assume I don't like cats. I like cats just fine. It's just that my allergies are such that if a cat decides to sit in my lap, my throat closes off and I stop breathing. So it's not so much I don't like them as, well, they have to potential to kill me. My new doggie comes home tomorrow! And we discussed the slick willie thing and well, we're still naming him Willie.
Post a Comment