Sunday, November 13, 2005

This Is NOT My Dog

And nor will it ever be, but here are a few pictures from our trip to the dog ranch today.

This is Jenna, and the owners of the ranch are keeping her for themselves. But she is 6 weeks old and just the cutest little thing, isn't she?

My potential dog's eyes are not yet open because she is only 11 days old. No pics of her.




And this is Kaelin.

Kaelin is 13 weeks old, and also being kept by the owners. He is 100% puppy. He tried to eat Dad's shoelaces, the hem of my pants, my toes. Anything he could get his little mouth on.












These are two of their grown dogs.

The dog on the left is Kirby, and the dog on the right is Annie. Kirby is Kaelin's daddy, and the daddy of the litter I would be getting a dog from. He's a beautiful dog. Mommy is also beautiful. I did not get any pictures of her. She's a black tri, with very little white on her.

I have not made a decision for sure but I am leaning yes. The owner didn't think it was bad that I lived in an apartment, she says the most important thing is that the dogs go to people who love them and love them the way they need to be loved. They crave physical attention, petting and stroking. She said they love to play and run but they want to do everything with you.

There is no perfect time to get a dog. And I just need to decide whether the beginning of the semester, or while studying for the bar is best. I think the first is better because by the time the bar rolls around you'll have a routine and a schedule with the dog, and not be adapting to a new puppy. Obviously if I find out in the next few weeks that I have a job or I definitely don't have one (a fat pile of rejections from every place I applied would be this version of events), that changes things.

I have two people signed up to be pet-sitters. One wants to be said dog's second mommy. Also the dog has built in friends, namely Moose. Moose really needs a buddy, according to his mommy.

So we'll see.

I had a great weekend with Sam and Nat and now Dad. Sam and Nat and I did the LA thing on Friday. We had manicures and pedicures, we went to Hollywood. It was great! Saturday Nat and I ran 6.3 miles and then went to the salon and had our hair colored. I fly back, saw Dad and went to bed out of exhaustion. Which is where I am headed now.

One final photo.

Look at how cute Moose has gotten:

1 comment:

Mrs. Cooper said...

Moose is going to be huge isn't he. Where did you find your breeder? We might be in the market for a dog sooner than we originally planned. Sort of depends on stuff like if we can pay for it but I really want one and JJ does, too, as long as it's not a poofy dog (i.e. a Maltese or something) which works since I don't want a poofy dog anyway. Plus, Merv and Sissy have the best doggie personalities ever and once I described them JJ thought we might want to try to find our own aussie shepherd.