Friday, April 07, 2006

That New Car Smell


I am getting a new car. Wow. I just typed "getting a new cat." I am not getting a new CAT. A CAR. A 2003 Toyota RAV4. So it won't have that new car smell unless I take it and have them spray it in there, but that's ok. My aunt and uncle are selling it to me. So not only is it a new car, it's a new car coming from people I know and trust. My uncle changes the oil in it himself.

It's a ginormous bump in niceness. The RAV has power everything, including a freaking moonroof! My Civic is the greatest little car but it is an econo-box. I believe it is a sub-compact car. It has no power anything, not even power steering. I had to put a CD player in it because all it had was an AM/FM radio. But it has served me well the last four years! I will be sad to see it go. I hope I can find it a good home.

The RAV is a great car though and I'm excited. It's also going to be safer, which is good because I do occasionally worry that if I got into an accident in the Civic I would be toast because its so small compared to everything else on the road. And it will be as reliable and wonderful as my Civic because its a Toyota. Hooray for wonderful reliable cars! And while I am losing gas mileage (sniff) I am gaining visibility! Without driving a full size SUV. Hooray for the mini-Ute!'

But if anyone knows of someone who wants to buy my Civic, tell me. It's the greatest little economy car around. Only good homes will be considered!

No comments: