Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Abstinence Pledges

Today a study was released by The Heritage Foundation about the effectiveness of abstinence pledges. According to the report, those who made pledges were less likely to engage in vaginal intercourse, oral sex, anal sex and sex with a prostitute, and they were less likely to become prostitutes than were adolescents who did not take such a pledge.

I did not realize that not taking an abstinence pledge put you at risk for becoming a prostitute! Folks, this is serious! We need to include in our educational curriculum not only virginity pledges but not becoming a prostitute pledges.

I'm sorry. I just do not know what to do with that information but laugh. Is there a real problem of people becoming prostitutes because they did not wait until they were married to have sex? Aren't there other reasons people become prostitutes?

2 comments:

Mrs. Cooper said...

It's probably just correlational. Like that study that said if you floss you're less likely to have a heart attack. :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm a prostitute...