Seriously folks, it may not be hot here but your car becomes a freaking fishbowl in that sun, even if it was parked underground all day. You have to run the AC even though its not more than 80 degrees out. Nonsense.
Today I went to work. They fed us a big catered lunch for some unknown reason. Then I changed my shoes into my new pointy toed black pumps and off I went to a meeting in downtown LA. See now I wore my new shoes because I felt that this meeting was in a big office building where people would be dressed professionally and I didn't want to look too casual. However, that was a mistake. People were not dressed uber professionally and some not especially business casual. I could have worn flip flops. Instead I hobbled (new shoes = rubbing sore spots on heels) over to the meeting, around the meeting, out of the meeting to my car where I proceeded to change my shoes back into my flip flops and drove to Grand Central Market where I could procure some produce.
Now, I am a newbie to LA, so I was unaware of the wonderfulness of Grand Central Market. It's a giant produce market, like a farmer's market, every day of the week. And it was SO cheap! I paid $1.50 for 2 containers of strawberries and the containers aren't pints, they're bigger. I got 8 plum tomatoes, 1 pound, for 33 cents. 33 cents folks! A white nectarine was 25 cents. I also purchased some avocados, 2 for $1. I think I paid more for parking than I did for food.
Now I am too tired to think. I ate too much today, thanks to the large catered lunch and all. I tried so hard too. I only ate half my chicken (some chicken picatta maybe - but it was breaded), and only one small serving of potatoes, but I had 2 rolls (small!) and 2 helpings of salad (caesar tho, so sort of negates the nutritional value). I nibbled at a cookie-ish thing for dessert but determined I did not care for it, so that was good, but there was cake at the meeting. However said cake was fruit filled with strawberries and kiwis, and I had a very small slice, so perhaps I didn't do that badly. Also I had an apple before lunch. I had planned to make tortellini in a creamy spinach and tomato sauce for dinner but now I'm leaning towards something lower in points. Maybe some leftover pork from last night (Chante is working late so no serious cooking for me tonight).
OH: I already failed at preparing all my meals for a week since they fed me lunch today. Another week maybe. There's still hope for my other two tasks for the week. Two days down on spending time picking up and I've done it two days in a row.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment