Monday, June 27, 2005

Ah the weekend...

After not winning the lottery on Friday night, I had little to do this weekend. :-)

I did get the Tivo set up, a month after we got here. SHUT UP! I am tired at night and it looked like it would require a lot more furniture moving than it did. But its connected now.

Saturday my laptop battery ran out and where was my AC adapter? At my office. Beyond my reach since I do not have the alarm code. So no laptop = no internet = a very interesting weekend.

Actually, I read some of my chick lit, and went to the hair salon for an extended period of time that involved four colors of highlights and lowlights into my hair and $100 (including a tip) but resulted in one extremely attractive and natural looking head of hair. Lots of compliments once its pointed out to people that it's been done.

Sunday I went to church with the gay men (yes they still make up most of the congregation at this church), and then Nat and Paul and I attempted to have brunch at Du Pars but its being renovated, so instead we ate in the Farmers Market and then we went shopping for work clothes for both Nat and Paul. I allowed myself to buy one thing, if I LOVED it and it was a very good deal, and I was successful. I bought an extremely cute blazer at Gap for $20. That was it.

This week I will continue to attempt to knock "Run 3 miles in less than 30 minutes" off my 101 in 1001 but I confess it doesn't seem real likely at this moment. Last week I got on the treadmill to do it on Friday and immediately got off because my shins were hurting so badly. Treated myself to a nice workout on the elliptical instead. (Saw cute blonde guy at the gym but I think he's definitely gay. The workout clothes almost matched. That cannot be a good sign.) Anyhow, if my shins aren't bugging me too badly tonight, I'll tackle the 3 miles. It won't be that difficult if I can just get my legs to stop hurting.

Also? Behaving myself in the food and exercise department since Ang's wedding is weekend after this coming one (in which I am going to Solvang).

No comments: