Thursday, June 09, 2005

Cars on fire!

No, not mine. Yesterday a car down the street from my office went up in flames. It was really spectacular to watch. Its unclear what caused the fire but it was put out rather quickly. Car is definitely a goner though.

In other news I think I am finally seeing results from several weeks of working out a lot and eating well. Especially the last two weeks. Today I put on my white skirt and it is a bit looser which means it rides a bit lower. So yay!

Chante and I are doing great in the apartment. We're equally messy so neither of us feels like the other person isn't keeping the place clean. And we can share clothes, sort of. She can wear my clothes. I can wear her shoes. I do not think I can wear her clothes since she's a size 2 in most cases. I am definitely not a 2. Even at my skinniest I'm a 4 to a 6 (how lame is that? I can lose ten or 15 pounds and I'll still wear the same size basically).

She's working a lot of hours already. But we're so lame it doesn't even matter. I come home, change and go to the gym, come home and make dinner for either me or both of us, I (or we) eat, watch some tv or read or do some work, and we go to bed. Seriously, we are the most boring people on the planet.

Work is good. A little slow. I need to ask for more to do. Next week I get to go to a meeting though on health insurance for children here in LA County.

Let's see, did I forget anything? I do not think so. Big plans for the weekend include finishing my list of judges to apply to, working on the budget for the JILP symposium next year and writing a bunch of thank you notes (for birthday and assorted other things - shut up I am slow to get these written!). I want to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants but I don't think its going to happen this weekend. Maybe next weekend after Nat finishes finals.

No comments: