Monday, July 18, 2005

101 Contemplation...

So I'm contemplating purchasing a French immersion software/CD program to improve my French. I think that it might make me a more interesting job candidate to be fluent in French (or at least proficient), although in many places they need Spanish spealers, so it might not give me an edge. And I hate that I have let my French go so badly. So we'll see. The software/CD set is like $30 which is reasonable. But I feel like right now my schedule is pretty full, contrary to popular belief that I sit at home and watch tv every night.

I need to start writing cover letters for clerkships, and I have scads of work to do for the symposium and Law Students for Choice before classes resume. And I'm going home for 10 days. To see Mom and Christina and all the animals, but most especially, my fatty catty, who has spent her summer at the Fat Farm known as Mom's house. But I will bring her back with me before classes start again.

And let's not forget that this fall I (cleverly) decided to take tax and business associations, and they are Mondays-Thursdays, back to back so I will have a lot of reading and homework for those classes. And I am tutoring for Civ Pro, so I will have a lot of work to do there as well I am sure, since its a different professor than I had (and I want to brush up on my Civ Pro before the bar).

And, I almost forgot, there will be many babies in the Co-op needing my babysitting skills! Although none of them will be my Fat Neil. Sniff.

On the upside, I look very cute today and have gotten compliments on my outfit. Who knew that the navy and white striped sundress with the navy sweater would generate so many compliments?

The beach yesterday was really nice. A little cold towards the end, and there is a bit of sunburn on my back, but nothing really severe. I think we might go again next weekend, but we'll leave the house much earlier to get there in plenty of time to enjoy the sun before the fog moves back in.

And welcome to Gabriel and Erin who are now reading my blog (as I am theirs). It appears we are all law school geeks together.

No comments: