I don't. I really don't. But I hate the idea of working in a law firm or some other environment like that. I don't want to work 80 hours a week. I will work 50-60. But I don't want to fill my days with mergers and acquisitions or something equally mundane. At least if I am doing mundane work, let it be for people not companies. And yet, here we are, summer drawing to a close, and I have no clue where to even start looking for work. Or how long I can go without work. And that is not a good feeling.
I am applying for clerkships, but I feel that is a long shot, since everyone and their dog are also applying. And I'll apply for some fellowships, but the pay on those is shit. Worthwhile work but its going to be very tight financially if that occurs, which I don't know how likely that is. Some people think I stand a decent chance, other people have told me to give it up since I don't go to Harvard. That leaves law firms. Because public interest almost requires experience from law firms or through fellowships it appears. And law firms don't appeal to me. I don't relish the thought of giving two or three years of my life to a firm doing corporate transactional law.
GAH! I hate this whole process. Anyhow. Moving on.
The Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, appears to be a bit on the conservative side, as if anyone is surprised. But if he's reading this, I will say this: if you are the next Justice Souter like some people seem to fear, then you are also my boyfriend, ok?
Very much looking forward to going home next month. We had dinner with Johnny and Heather last night and they have two kitties, and I was so excited. I miss my fatty so much. These kitties were so cute and sweet, but they did not want me to hold them, as they don't really like new people very much. Yay kitties! Only 3 weeks till I am home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment