Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Space Shuttle...and lunch

This morning I watched the Space Shuttle take off. I continue to be in awe of the space program. It's so strange to think of sending people up in space, and yet they have the ability to call home from space, which I think is even weirder. Anyhow, when the launch was successful a little tear rolled down my face. I'm a wimp. I know. But something about it moved me. God speed Discovery!

Just returned from lunch with Dad and Sharon. Yum food. Even better, food on someone else's dime. We went to the lovely Italian joint my office took me to on my first day. The food is so good there. They bring you fresh baked foccacia bread and olive oil with herbs for dipping, and then the food comes and the portions are enormous. I had a panini and salad, and half the panini is in the fridge for dinner tonight.

For those of you near Trader Joe's: 1.5 liter bottles of water are 49 cents there. That's 10 cents less than Whole Foods, which I thought was a great deal.

Ok got work to do. Only 9 days of work left.

No comments: