So it is officially Wednesday which means its the middle of the week and I have almost (but not quite) recovered from my weekend travels.
Angela's wedding was lovely. And other than some lonesome moments on Saturday evening with TL, it was a lot of fun.
Thursday I was able to sleep off a good chunk of the sleep lost on the flight across country. However I did not get to bed early as TL's flight was delayed by 2 hours so she did not get in until 12:15. Now the charming and kind JJ offered to retrieve her from the airport for me, but I told him to get some sleep himself since he and Angela had a rather busy weekend ahead of themselves, what with getting married and all.
Friday TL and I slept in and then headed to Whole Foods for breakfast. After which, we returned to the hotel and dressed for our afternoon activity of going to the nail salon for manicures and pedicures (and eyebrow waxes as well it turned out) with the bridal party. And everyone in the bridal party was a lot of fun. Angela's friends in NC are fun neat people and her sister in law and niece are equally charming and wonderful.
Friday night we headed to the church for the rehearsal whereupon Angela's dad and grandmother and aunt, uncle and ring bearer proceeded to get lost and miss the entire rehearsal. Fortunately, those positions can be learned in a hurry so when they arrived (as we were wrapping up), someone ran through the details with them while the rest of us headed off to dinner. WHICH WAS DIVINE. There were insane amounts of food (all these courses! Tomatos and mozzarella on bread, spinach and artichoke dip, salad, pasta, meat, dessert!) and the company was great. A good time was had by all.
After the dinner we headed back to the hotel to get some rest but first we had to give Angela some pretty lingerie in honor of her upcoming nuptials! Then we packed her off to bed but it turns out none of us really got a good night's sleep, so we were pretty tired come Saturday.
Saturday was WEDDING DAY. At 8:30 we headed for the hair salon to get our hair done and when that was finished we actually went to the mall food court and had lunch before heading to the church. The ceremony was beautiful and the music was lovely. And the reception was fun. The cake was delicious, and the music was great. Plus we got to watch the little kiddos dance and who doesn't love watching little kids dance?
Saturday night TL and I realized we had nothing to do. So after some grousing and attempts at ordering pizza into the room, we ended up going to Brightleaf Square in Durham and having pizza at Satisfaction, which was really tasty. And the weather was so nice that we sat outside and ate and chatted for a long time and really enjoyed ourselves. Then we collapsed into bed from exhaustion.
Sunday we slept late, had brunch and enjoyed a lovely local bookstore before heading to the airport. Whereupon our travel adventures began.
My flight was scheduled to leave at 4, TL's at 5, and we both had long layovers in Atlanta. My flight was late leaving about an hour by the time we actually pushed back and left, and then when we tried to land in Atlanta, about 1 minute before our wheels touched the ground, they pulled the plane up and decided to circle. Something about a wind shear. Scary. However, after a few minutes of circling, we landed safely. I then called TL who had not yet left Raleigh, even though her flight had been scheduled to land in Atlanta at 6. Then I checked on my connecting flight which was scheduled to leave at 9 and was actually now leaving at 10:50. So I ate some dinner, chatted with someone in the airport who had also just come from a wedding, and then went and met TL at her gate. We then went to her connecting gate which was only delayed maybe 45 minutes. By now my flight has been pushed back to 11:25. After TL left I went to my gate, checked with the agent to see if there was a chance the flight was going to be cancelled (they assured me it was not), and then had a nice chat with some fellow delayed travelers. At close to 12, we boarded the plane and pushed back. Then we spent the first hour flying through the weather created by Hurricane Dennis. We landed at LAX at 1:15 am.
Now you're thinking, how long can it possibly take to get from the airport to your bed at this hour? There's no traffic and the airport isn't busy. Yeah. It's not busy, but that means its not moving real fast. By the time I collected by suitcase and waited for a cab it was after 2. I got home at 2:45 AM. AWFUL.
I am never going anywhere again. EVER. (Until the next time...)
Anyhow, I'm back at work and seem to be sort of caught up on my sleep. I have lots to do though so I'd better get to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment