Seriously, half the office is gone and the rest of us don't feel like working. Makes no sense. I guess that it wouldn't really help to NOT work today because then we would have acted like this yesterday. Ah well.
Justice O'Connor is retiring. I hate her. I used to be ok with her but since she has decided to retire, well, our relationship is over. HATE her, hate her replacement (already). Next up: Chief Justice Rehnquist dies on the court before retiring.
FranklinCovey has agreed to replace my business tote since the strap on mine is busted. they gave me a little crap about the receipt but really, that's just plain rude. I bought that bag in October. Who keeps receipts that long? Because places that guarantee their stuff don't usually mind replacing stuff that is obviously theirs. Like this bag. So anyway, all is well that ends well.
The cleaning ladies cleaned our apartment yesterday. Place was freaking immaculate. So clean. Amazing.
Spent today doing very little. How sad is this? Christina and I consulted on my attire for Angela's rehearsal dinner next week. I think we decided but now I may have to change the plan because of climate changes. I'll take some more pictures of outfits and have her look at them. Because I am incapable of making major fashion decisions without her.
Who knew packing for this trip was going to be so difficult? I think its hard because when I go home to FL, I just take crummy clothes and a few things for dinner, whatever. Because I end up spending most of my time inside our house, sleeping and watching tv, not socializing. Also I buy things when there.
But North Carolina? Befuddles me. Its like I have forgotten what it is like to live in a place that is hot and humid all the time. I cannot remember the last time I wore shorts, for example. Or the last time I didn't take a sweater with me to go shopping. Inside is always really air conditioned in Florida so I know to expect that. I guess I am wondering how much time will be spent outdoors. And how warm the church will be. And how quickly my body will adjust. Gah! I'm trying to take as little as possible and yet still have everything I need. I am such a good packer when I need to be (i.e. trips to Europe - 3 pairs of pants, 7 tops, 3 pairs of shoes, 1 skirt and I'm good to go, for a month) but other trips? Give it up. I am terrible.
Our financial aid packages arrived today. Thank goodness! Took them forever. Of course, they still do not have a final amount for tuition (that's not set yet even though school resumes in 7 weeks). But the financial aid future is looking bright. It's nice to see that being so heavily indebted really does pay off in the financial aid department.
This weekend I'm headed to Solvang for some quality Great-Grandma time. Will post some photos of it when I return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment