Friday, July 22, 2005

I RULE!

So tonight I went to the Grove to return or exchange a pair of jeans I bought on sale at JCrew last week (purchased online). I didn't care for the way they fit or looked. I got them for $30 and I didn't figure I'd be able to exchange them for anything good, but I thought I'd look. But I am the luckiest girl in the world tonight and the store had this top in all white, marked down from $98 to...$29.99. AWESOME!

Then I came home and made delicious crepes for dinner. And watched Dateline, where I learned about diamonds and the best way to lose weight before your wedding (get your spouse to be to participate).

I also combed my fitness magazine collection for some good interval workouts on the treadmill. I have two good ones already, but I needed more because I get tired of the same workout or two all the time, especially on the treadmill.

2 comments:

Mrs. Cooper said...

Excellent on the top you shopping addict - I need some new jeans and once I'm sure we have the money for them I'm going to get them.

Diamonds are confusing. Make him do the work ... unless you're really picky, then I guess you have to learn. Mine is gorgeous and I don't know anything about it.

Sarah said...

I prefer to do the learning myself. For example, this week I learned that diamonds are sold for what they are worth, so don't believe those appraisal cards they give you. If it was worth more, they'd sell it for more.

And I learned that next year, there will be white lab-made diamonds on the market (currently there are only colored diamonds). This makes me happy because I don't like the idea of wearing a stone from Sierra Leone on my hand. Or anywhere for that matter. Sierra Leone is a war-ravaged place, and the diamond industry is a huge part of that war. Diamonds are taken from Sierra Leone (where they were dug up by little kids with guns pointed at their heads), to the Netherlands, where the price is artifically inflated, and then sold to American and European consumers.

You can get Canadian Artic stones but they cost a small fortune whereas a lab made diamond will cost less for a equal quality diamond.

See what I have learned?