Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Butter!

Tonight I made some oatmeal muffins for Thursday's bake sale. The amount of butter in these muffins is somewhat ridiculous. Because its not melted or creamed into the muffin batter. Nope. It's cut in, in chunks. So it melts while it bakes, and it bubbles and sizzles and drips over the side of the muffin tin, onto the floor of the oven, causing immense amounts of smoke to pour from my oven. 'Twas a lovely sight. However, I have rectified the situation and the smoke is gone from the apartment.

The butter is still very noticeable when I bagged the muffins up for the bake sale. As long as no one looks at the butter slick inside the ziplocs, people will want to eat them. But that butter? Is fat. Directly onto the stomach or hips, depending on who you are (and maybe both). Sigh.

I made a double batch of muffins so I could have some too though. Yummy. No sense making them all for other people. Going to take one to Kari tomorrow. She's excited.

I had to cross examine a witness in trial practice tonight. About plumbing. That was a challenge. I know nothing about plumbing and had very little to prepare from. Also I need to brush up on my evidentiary rules so I can object, etc. during trial. Like I have time to do that.

Tomorrow is my longest day so I am thinking about going to bed right now and getting lots of rest. Although no amount of rest can really get me through an 8:30-5 day.

Oh! It appears I am getting a 3.5% raise. 45 extra cents an hour. AND I have an interview next week with PricewaterhouseCoopers. Tax law baby. Tax. Law. It's sexy. You know it is.

I failed to go to the gym tonight. Tuesdays are a tough day to fit it in. I think I need to move it to before class on Tuesday. Then I can come home at 5, eat dinner and be a normal human for 15 or 20 minutes rather than go to the gym at 5, workout, race home, shower, inhale food or grab food to take with me, and go back to class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tax law IS sexy, duh!

you just have to sex it up, no matter where you're at. you're sexy, you can do it!