And in every measure except financial was a great success. Financial is yet to be determined. Looks ok. Not spectacular but we'll see. Everyone said it was a great time.
However it was a long day yesterday and made for a long week overall.
I just got very lucky though. I was looking through the phone book for a salon to try, not really wanting to try Tangles (overpriced) and not having been impressed by other places here in town. One ad said "curly heads expertly shaped" and had a $5 off coupon. I called (Friday night!) and she answered and had a cancellation for tomorrow morning, so I am getting my hair cut. It's in desperate need of a major trim. Dead ends, sloppy layers. F-ugly. So cross your fingers that The Hair Shoppe will be a good choice!
I have been a bad dog on food. So this weekend I am focusing on lots of fruit and vegs, a semi-fast, to try to cleanse my body of excess crap and jump start my system. Also, I am going to do the Crop Walk next weekend in Sacramento, 10K, with the youth group, and I am going to sign up for the Turkey Trot 10K next month to keep me running regularly. And I'm looking for a half-marathon to train for, probably just stick with the Davis Stampede because its local and flat. I love running in my current running shoes so I need to take advantage of that. I also went before class yesterday and found it to be a fairly doable proposition, so I'm going to move Tuesday's workout to before class. One morning a week seems plausible.
Here is today's UC incompetence story: I went to the registrar's office to request a transcript. I had the form all filled out, and just wanted to drop it off. However they don't have such a box, and there was a line and only one person working. Now the form can be faxed in but I don't have easy access to a fax machine. So I decided I would pay the surcharge and order them online. Its obnoxious but worth it. Or so I thought. After your request has been submitted and your card charged, there is a verification form to be printed, signed, and mailed or faxed. That's right. You pay a surcharge to order your transcripts online and then you have to fax a form in. Or you could fax the original transcript form in for no additional charge. Because isn't the entire purpose of ordering a transcript online to avoid the fax or mail issue?!
Yes. I am pissed. Obnoxious university.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment