Today I went to the optometrist's office. I have neovascularization, or blood vessels growing into my cornea, because my eyes don't get enough oxygen. Contact lenses don't let any through, and then I am sleeping. This is bad. Do not let this happen to you.
I also am a poster child for contact lens deposits, because I only get one pair a year. This is bad. Apparently there are other lenses out there I could have been wearing that I never knew about.
I also have dead cells all over my eye. When the dr. put dye in my eye she said the outline of my contact lens remains even when the lens is out. That's gross! She said I am lucky I haven't gotten any infections or ulcers yet because I was a walking eye infection waiting to happen.
The moral of the story: ask your eye doctor about different types of lenses, and don't wait until your lenses seem gross to go to the optometrist. None of this is really my fault. I never knew that I should be changing my lenses more often, I've been wearing this type of lense from the day I got contacts. No one had ever caught the neovascularization. Bad optometrists.
Anyhow, I'm not going to die. And most of it is reversible or at least stoppable (the neovascularization cannot be reversed, just halted) with some changes to my contact lens and eye care routine it seems. I have to go back a few more times to get the full scoop and let her look me over some more. She was very crabby with me though!
Off to the gym! Boo hiss. I'd really prefer not to go, but I need to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment