Thursday, October 13, 2005

Things Aren't As Bad As They Seem

Today turned out to be a pretty good day. The optometrist was not all bad news, financially or otherwise. For the next 6 months or a year, I'll be wearing straight two week disposable lenses that correct my nearsightedness. For my astigmatism I'll have glasses, little thin cute ones, for reading, computer work, tv, basically whenever I feel like I need them. And she thinks my nearsightedness correction ought to improve over the next year if I am no longer wearing my very thick contact lenses. That would be amazing. I am currently sporting a -10.5 in my right eye and -12 in my left eye. Not too many contacts come in this power so it made for slim pickings.

And I went to a good spin class this afternoon. This weekend I am doing the 5K in the UCD Med School's Heartbeat Run on Saturday, and Sunday I am walking (might run some) the 10K Crop Walk in Sacramento. So I am feeling better about my fitness level, even if I am still unhappy with my weight gain last month. Lots of exercise and eating well ought to make a difference in a few weeks.

I have crazy amounts of work to do tonight and this weekend, so I'd better get to it. Two weeks till I go to NY!

No comments: