Saturday, October 01, 2005

Suze Orman is the Bomb!

I love her show. I don't necessarily learn anything, but I usually reinforce what I already know: pay off higher interest stuff first, consolidate your student loans, etc. So I feel so smart. Tonight I got one of my annual free credit reports to check on my credit. I have to say, given that I only started with credit at the age of 21, I am very happy with my current situation. Yes I have a lot of debt but its all student loan debt. I pay off my credit cards every month. I pay them on time. In addition to my good paying off habits, I have money in an IRA and in an investment account.

Of course, next year all those student loans will come calling. But I am confident I will have employment and be able to pay those off as well. At least I should be able to make the minimums on them, and hopefully if I get a good paying position I can pay huge sums to pay them down ASAP.

I'm done talking about my money. Sorry. I was just so pleased with myself. Some days I feel like I'm not moving forward and I am going to be in a world of hurt, but I don't think that's true after all. I think I am on the right track. I just hope that wherever I work next year I make enough to not be going into debt. That's all I really need. I don't have to make $100K.

In other news, well, there really isn't any. I signed up for Netflix because I am tired of Blockbuster not having Disc 6 of Lost in stock. The weather here is very weird. Got all cloudy and dark, looks like rain, but does not appear to be happening. Ok. So I'm going back to Suze. She's so great.

No comments: