Among the many amazing stories that will undoubtedly surface in the coming weeks (like the one I heard on Oprah today about a doctor who stayed in a New Orleans hospital for a week with other people's pets because he promised them he would not leave until the animals could leave and be reunited), this one is pretty spectacular: A little kid, leading other little kids, and babies, to safety.
Seriously? I cannot watch or read about this disaster. It makes me cry. Or makes me mad. Or both. It's terrible. I am a wreck just watching these people's lives and what's happened. They are infinitely stronger than I am.
And, completely unrelated...
I hate Governor Arnold. HATE HIM. First all, he is possibly one of the worst Republicans on the planet. Republicans rant and rave when the courts decide things about how legislatures, which are democratically elected, should decide issues like gay marriage. So along comes the California Legislature, and it decides that marriage should be gender neutral in California (for the purposes of civil marriage - i.e. churches don't have to marry gays if they don't want to, which they would never have had to do in the first place), and the Governator? He says the issue should be decided by "the courts or the voters." MORON. I hope the Republican party deserts him on the grounds that he's a shitty Republican (which we all knew anyways).
The good news is that with the passage of this bill by the legislature, the Supreme Court of this state will be even more likely to find that California's shitty "marriage is between a man and a woman" proposition that passed a few years back does, in fact, violate equal protection.
The governor is a wimp. He knows that he can not sign it and everything will still work out for gay marriage but he won't suffer any political backlash. He has no principles, clearly.
Hey Arnold, I double dog dare you to sign the bill. You might be surprised what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment