Monday, September 19, 2005

Why Doesn't The Phone Ring?

I am so pathetic. But seriously, I sent out 116 clerkship applications. Could 1 of those result in a phone call? PLEASE?!

In class today I learned all about educational expenses and savings and how those are/are not taxed. For example, you can deduct the interest on your student loan payments, but at $50,000 this starts to phase out and by $65,000, its completely gone. So the deduction I was counting on to save me from tons of taxes? Likely disappears in smoke unless I take a very low paying job (still quite possible). Also 529 plans are an awesome way to save for college, for tax purposes. Probably does absolutely nothing for your financial aid packages once you're applying to schools. Possibly makes them worse.

Alright, I have finished the hard part of my fellowship application. Tonight: the personal statement and list of previous public interest work. Yipee.

No comments: