Saturday, September 17, 2005

Every Day You Learn Something New

Today I went with Crystal to take Harry to the vet for the first time. I learned so much about having a puppy. I already knew a fair amount about training 'cause we have such well-trained dogs (Sissy and Merv! And big love to Jessie up in dog heaven, 'cause she was the best dog ever.), but there are all these rules about puppies and other dogs when you first get them so they don't get sick. The vet has this great "welcome to dog parenthood" folder they give you, full of information, and also a puppy plan, $360 for all their shots, etc, including any in between worried parent visits. But the vet was really great, so if and when I get my puppy, I will take it there.

I also learned that is only like $60 to microchip your pet, which is much better than a tag cause pets lose their tags. I may get Maia chipped too, just to be safe. For $60? Seems worth it.

I also learned that dogs in the foothills and on the coast are at very high risk for worms. So I have to ask lots of questions and look around for a good place to get my own dog.

I can't wait! Then Harry and Baloo and Davey can all come place with him or her (I'm not picky)! Cross your fingers I find a job soon so I can get a dog next semester!

No comments: