Following Angela and Amanda's lead, my crushes on book characters:
1. Gilbert Blythe. Anne of Green Gables and all the other books. My favorite Gil does not appear until well into the series, when he stops being mean boy Gil and turns into sweet adult Gil. I think Anne of the Island is one of my favorites. Also, Anne's House of Dreams.
2. Mr. Darcy. Pride and Prejudice. "I ardently love and admire you." Who wouldn't swoon?
3. Murphy. John Murphy. Vienna Prelude and the other Zion Chronicles books. Tera Lee will understand. He's brooding, he's handsome, he's brave and smart.
4. Mark Darcy. Bridget Jones' Diary. Yes I know he is the modern Mr. Darcy. But he's in a different book so it counts!
5. Mr. Knightley. Emma. Another Jane Austen. She writes wonderful characters.
6. Michael Fury. Nora Roberts' Irish Rebel. Yes I know its trash. But he's wonderful.
7. Mr. Rochester. Jane Eyre. I know he starts out mean, but he isn't, he's just troubled. It's beautifully romantic. But not how I want real life to be.
I cannot come up with ten.
If I had to choose one of these individuals to have a real relationship with, Gilbert. All the way. Second choice definitely Mr. Darcy. Maybe tied for first. Because Gilbert was so nice, it might get old. And he worked a lot of hours as a doctor, whereas Mr. Darcy was independently wealthy, and therefore, didn't work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment