I had some deep thoughts to share with you, but they seem to have left my brain. It must be Friday.
Today threw a wedding this morning. It was lovely. But Katie Couric looked awful. Really dreadful. She's too tan. It's time to lose the orange fake bake look, Katie. It's after Labor Day. But the bride was lovely, and the ceremony was too, albeit very short. I have to say, letting the Today show pay for your wedding is a heck of a deal. They got this amazing, $50,000 wedding, for free. Now there will be tax consequences on this I am sure but still (it's considered income). Big beautiful wedding = mostly free. That's a good deal. It includes a honeymoon to a phat destination (although I did not vote for this destination - an island in the middle of the Maldives? The Maldives, some of which did not exist for a while after the tsunami. No thanks. The African safari sounded fun to me.)
Went to school this morning. Purchased a very inexpensive plane ticket to DC and NY in October for the career fair and conference, and to see C. Got the oil changed in the car, and went to work. Then I stopped at Macy's to go to the Clinique counter (free gift time!) and then came home. Very thrilling day, can't you tell?
I got the randomest letter from a judge today. He wants me to know he will have a position available in 2006, and (apparently) is considering my application (he didn't say anything specifically). But he requires his clerks to pass the Texas bar (ok fine, as long as I can take it in February, I'm taking the CA bar in July). And then, he goes, in accordance with the law clerk hiring plan, interviews will begin Sept. 22. Ok. Tell me something I don't know. Do you want to interview me? Should I call you, or will you call me? USELESS!
No news from any other employers yet. Judges or otherwise. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment